You're an angel. Not metaphorically, not in the "you're so sweet" way; you're a literal angel - ethereal energy form, wings, and all. But you're not just any sort of angel. You're a guardian angel. Guardian angels are a caste, or choir, created with the sole purpose of protecting those they're assigned to. Each angel is created specifically for the person they guard, with a few exceptions. The only thing you're programed to know is duty.
Naturally, being invested in your charge is expected. What if your feelings for them veer away from "dutiful" into "fondness" and then...something else? Angels aren't supposed to know love, at least not in the way those in the living realm do. Still, nothing is as certain as it used to be, and you're not so sure of your purpose. All you know is that you want to keep your charge safe.
Can you guarantee that, now?
How to Play
- Watching: You've been watching this person as long as both they and you have been in this world. Maybe over years, maybe suddenly, things aren't the same when you look at them.
- Guilt: You realized that these pesky emotions are growing and you know this is against everything you know to be true. Your kind cannot love, and even if you could, this is wrong. You have known this person their entire life and thinking of them as more is unacceptable.
- Terrible Angel: You're not angelic at all and fail neatly at almost all the benchmarks, but when it comes to the one you guard, you don't folly.
- Righteous Fury: Usually, angels must be removed and impassive. You see your charge mistreated, though, and you lose control.
- Relegated to Guardian Angelhood: You used to be much more important, of a greater choir of angel. Then, you screwed up and got pushed down into the ranks of guardian angel. It would be easy to be bitter towards your charge. You aren't, for some reason.
- Can't Be Seen: The person you care for the most can't see you. It's typical angel protocol, yet you can't help but want to make yourself noticeable.
- Affecting Your Work: Your growing and sometimes erratic emotions make your job harder. You're getting sloppy. You may even allow your charge to be hurt or allow yourself to be conspicuous.
- Jealousy: You saw your charge with someone else and it...it really ruffled your feathers. Maybe you lost your cool. Hopefully, that won't mean bad mojo for the other person involved. No one would be any wiser if you made their head more attractive to bird droppings, though.
- Kiss: Can you kiss someone when you technically have no lips? They might just feel a pleasant breeze; still, you're kissing them, and this is...nice.
- How They'd Like You to Look: You've decided to make yourself known to them, and you want your appearance to be to their liking.
- Inhabiting the Vessel They Love: A bit more sinister than the above, but also somewhat practical. They already love this body, anyway.
- Revealing Yourself: You're taking the big step and coming into their life as an actual, tangible presence. Of course, "I'm your guardian angel" rarely gets the response you hope.
- Stay with You: You promise that you'll stay by their side always, now as a physical companion.
- Confessions: No matter the costs, you're revealing your true feelings.
- Deciding to be More: It's dangerous, it's unheard of; however, both of you want to become more than just angel and charge.
- Intimacy Without a Corporeal Form: They know you're there even when you're not in human form, and they want to touch you. This can be a smut option, but it doesn't have to be.
- Intimacy With a Corporeal Form: You're beginning to learn what it's like to be intimate with them while you're in this new form. Again, this can be a smut option, but it doesn't have to be.
- Wings: Letting someone touch your wings is the ultimate show of trust and, in angel terms, one of the closest things you have to sexuality.
- Called to the Mat: Your higher-ups have learned of your sins. Now, you're on trial. Will you deny your charge?
- Not Officially Yours: Problem number one: you're in love. Problem number two: it's with some other angel's charge.
- Second Chance: As previously stated, most guardian angels are created for that one special person. However, some angels whose charges have died young are allowed a second chance. Will this new person ever replace your old?
- Protection: Now is time to do the guarding - by any means necessary, especially now, after realizing just what your charge means to you.
- Fallen: Because of your sins, you've lost favor. You've been stripped of your heavenly grace and you've fallen.
- Immortal: You must deal with the implications that your charge will die and you will be sent on to a new heavenly job.
- Failed: You didn't do enough. You let yourself slip, and now your charge is dying. They were more than just a charge, so you must do what you can to let their soul pass on in the most peaceful manner possible. But can you let go?
- CHOOSE YOUR OWN